Need helpful info: Backdoor.trojan detected but not scanned

Status
Not open for further replies.

Temp Help

Beta member
About a year ago my computer got infected with a Backdoor program, and I read and followed steps to remove it. It was successfully removed.

Just yesterday Norton informed me that Backdoor.Trojan has been identified. I followed steps to get rid of it (safe mode, full thorough Norton system scan) but each time the scan comes out clean, nothing detected. The two things that worry me are that the sysem status is at" Attention!" and that it said in the first place that it was infected. I don't plan on getting help on fixing this here, I just want some input on a few things.

How is it that the scan isn't detecting it?

How urgent is the Backdoor.trojan (likeliness of unothurized access)?

Any advice on where I can read for help?

I've been scanning the internet all day looking for help, so if anyone can help me here I do greatly appreciate it. I'm sure most people can understand the frustration that viruses can cause....

Thank you~

does this trojan have a name? it can't be just called Backdoor.trojan. does Norton give you the name of it? if so, goto www.symantec.com and type it in and you should find removal instructions. if that does not work, come back here and let us know.

Until you get it fixed, I would definately make sure to have a firewall running (although I would never go on the internet without one anyways). Try using some other virus scan software to get a name of the trojan and then you can search for how to properly delete it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom