New CPU

Status
Not open for further replies.

orangefiery

Baseband Member
Should I get the AMD Athlon 64 3200+
($180CAD) or the 3700+ ($250CAD) for my own computer

My family shared computer is running P4 3.0 prescott. Will i notice a decrese or increase in perfomance?

Uses:
Downloading
Music
Homework
Bit of gaming

Trying to lower my spending so i need to know how these perform.

lol bit of a stupid question. obviously the 3700 is going to be better. and there will be a performance increase if using 64 bit vesion of windows not sure about 32 version

These work quite well with the 32 bit Window OS version because basically that is what the overwhelming majority are running with them right now. Not that many are working with 64 bit versions at the moment.

lol its better than the 3200 but not as good as the 3700 doesnt take a genius to work that out. just decide if u want to spend the extra money.

the 3500 and the 3700 have a 6 dollar difference
I think that 3200 will fit my needs
does the term venice mean anything?

Venice is the name of the core of the chip. Actually it is good for overclocking. I have this CPU. It is important to remember that if you are going to make a gaming rig the Video Card has become the central focus for importance for the newer games are very GPU intensive. A good video card and the 3200+ should do you fine.

But since you mention that you'll be doing just a "bit of gaming," and your not hardcore, your set-uo should do you well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom