Need help picking a new 939 motherboard from the flock

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sui

Daemon Poster
Alt. topic would be reading reviews on new egg is scary.

Ok the buget for this build is like 2000-2500, so I have a good sum to play with, but after reading countless reviews I'm kind of at loss. I don't really need sli based board, and o/c isn't something I'm going to need on this build, but I do want good performance. I was going to buy a motherboard online, but after reading countless problems with qc(Quality Control) on Newegg and poor customer service, I think I'm gonna end up buying local.

So is there any 939 comparisions out there? Any thoughts, suggestions, ect.? I'll post a little more when I get home tonight.

dfi lanparty ut nf4 sli-dr expert. best board i have ever had. great chipset and looks cool under uv light

Actually NewEgg has some of the best customer service out there especially when the issue of RMA is raised.

I do know the EPoX 9NPA+Ultra is a popular one among builders and it is non-Sli. It is very stable at stock settings. Check out AnandTech forums under their motherboard section. Many people have it.

Asus make some good motherboards especially since you don't want to oc, but I know not that much about this particular brand. Also you'll want to check out the MSI offerings.

With such a hefty budget, have you considered waiting until AM2 comes about?

The DFI Lanparty N-Force-4 ultra d. cause he doesnt need an sli board. and it works great and had good performance. i got one as do many other members

mole1135 said:
The DFI Lanparty N-Force-4 ultra d. cause he doesnt need an sli board. and it works great and had good performance. i got one as do many other members
Id go with this one, if you decide to go SLI, you can mod it and its cheap. :D It too has the cool UV reactive parts. ;)

wtk pro l said:
dfi lanparty ut nf4 sli-dr expert. best board i have ever had. great chipset and looks cool under uv light

I've heard alot of people have problems with the chipset overheating because of the close prox to the pci-e card, whats your system temp running at?

to GoodNews101

Yeah Newegg has good customer service, but if you look at over half of the nforce4 boards it says '** This item is warranted through the product manufacturer only.' In CA a seller has to take a defective item back within 30 days, its a law, so local is a safe bet with a little higher cost.

I hadn't looked at epox before and just now looked at it. I like the code indicator, and it looks like it has a total of 4 fan headers, the more the merrier. The chipset looks well placed, and the oversized heatsink. 2 things I don't like is the odd placement of the power connector, and the fact that the 7900gtx that I'm gonna use will cover up at least 1 of the 2 ide ports.

I saw the ASUS A8N32-SLI Deluxe on another post, and seems like it has a good track record, even though the 32x would be a waste for a non-sli solution, its also a little pricy.

I don't really believe the AM2 will be really worth the wait, and then having to deal with new motherboards, and first modifaction of the cpu. I don't think it'll worth the trouble untill 6 months after it comes out.

The sadest part of all this was I was trying to get out of building my parents computer so I wouldn't have to trouble shoot it every other day, and gave them the price of 2500 as a bluff....

Ok think I may have found a nice board I like, its a little overkill, but decent onboard means I won't have to install a sound card. Shotty placement of 4/8pin cpu power, and the molex for extra vga power. Has some nice overclocking options, that probably won't be used for the 10 years they own this pc. Comments anyone? Tell me what you think.

MSI K8N Diamond Plus

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom