Video Card Problems

Status
Not open for further replies.

errien92

Beta member
I have just bought a Radeon X1300 Pro 256 mb AGP, to upgrade my Radeon 9550 256 MB, and I keep getting horrible framerates. I have the latest drivers for motherboard and video card, and the correct power supply. I have a 2.8 gig celeron processor and 1.7 gigs of ram, which I assume is sufficient enough. But in most games I get some kind've stutter lag, like the screen jumps, but it's not the monitor. If anyone knows what I could do, please let me know.

What kind of games are you playing? I have the same video card as you and some games lagg/frame rates kinda bad. For the game F.E.A.R. that video card is kinda not great, i still see frames moving around here and there. I also just got the game UberSoldier and that game kinda laggs. But i have 512mb of ram so that kinda explains it, but for the framerates its the video card. Turning game settings to "medium" or "low" should do the trick but not much.

Mostly World of Warcraft, tried to test out Black and White 2 but the cutscenes really lag me bad, and the settings are on low. But in WoW when I am in a raid with 20 people or so, I get like 8 FPS.

Oh yes yes. I did forget about that celeron part. I use to have a celeron 2.6ghz and played alot of games fine but when it came to the newer games it whent downhill from there. Once i got a p4 everything was playable. But you should get a new cpu like Dr.Gootch said. Your cpu is hold your gaming back.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom