It's Final Done : Pics Inside

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have something you can do. Turn your HDDs around so the cables are facing in. Thats what i do w/ side mounted drives and from the side you cant see the cables. Before you slide them in just plug them up then push until it clicks. You can also route your cathode light cables behind the HDDs as well. For that cable for the front panel all you gotta do is put it on the hole on the bottom of your HDD cage make it go through and up to the top through the holes. You can get some of that glossy duc tape and tape it flush w/ your case on the bottom so it looks the same. As for those clear looking cables you can do the same.

Yeah good suggestions P.P.

I'm not sure i'm going to play around anymore with the inside. Although i'm certainly going to do something with that ribbion cable from the front panel. See originally I had the X-fi Fatal!ty 1 FPS in my other PC and a bought a X-fi xtreme music for my new machine. Then at the last minute, I decided to put the Fatal!ty in my new system and the xtreme music in my other PC. So the ribbion cable was really the last thing I installed and I was kinda in a rush... I'll work on that this weekend.

P.P, I wis I could turn my HDD around backwards, I've already tried. The way my case is and the way my HDD mounting draws are, prevents me from doing that, lol - we already tried. ( I also need to look at the HDD anyway, because i'm getting a slight vibration at times. Something needs to be tightened.

Overall, for a main gaming rig, I really couldn't be happier. Last night I fired up Far Cry and HOLY SH!T... Every setting maxed out 1280X1024... I'm averaging 150+ FPS. I can not believe the responsiveness of gameplay. I've played this game 100 time on my other system, and now I can truely see how beautiful these maps really are.... Standing up on a mountain and looking out over the jungle.... incredible visuals... walking though the jungle, with CRISP vegetation. (LoL - with X-FI and my headphones... ) wow, I wanted to park my butt on a stump... light up a FAT one... and listen to the environmemtal sounds...

Doom 3 is very similar... although not as tranquil.
F.E.A.R is even more amazing then it was before.. It's actually smooth as glass now...
BF2 - pffff.... 99 FPS everything on high.... Unbelieveable responsiveness. I'm seriously getting 10 to 15 more kills every game. No joke. (Also flighting aircraft has increased 10X.) It's so much smoother now...
COD2 - I drool and don't even wipe my mouth... 55 FPS average
NFSU2 - Haven't played this game in awhile, 180 FPS...

thebleakness said:
What did you have before this new system? It must be a huge leap from your old one for you too notice that much of a difference. :D ;)

P4 3.4Ghz - X800XT PE - ASUS P4P800E-DELUXE - About a terabyte of storage, 2 GIG value ram, x-fi extreme music...

It's much better as a multimedia system.

I have the same mounts as you do so you CAN put your HDDs backwards like that but i dont know how much space you have inside the case behind them. You gotta flip them around and the HDD will stick out a little more but its better than seeing cables. I gotta wait till later to upload an example though.

Cool P.P thanks. You have the trays that mount on the bottom? Then no-tool clip inside the bay?...

Post the example... May-be i'll try it this weekend

Wayniac said:
Sweet system man. Did you say how much this whole thing costed you?

Um. I'd estimate somewhere around $2500.00 with everything for the rig. Throw in my Viewsonic 924 $399 + Z-5500's for another $280... Totaling just over $3000.00 gaming rig....

Heres an old picture back w/ the 3000+ Sempron and 6800GT :p Either way though same HD thingys just different HDs are in there now. To me since yours are dark pictures they look the same. You can see how i have mine in there now. And yes i know, the wire management was horrid back then.
Blue.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom