What's up with 7900GT's?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Raphael Argus

Daemon Poster
Hello All, I finally took the plunge a couple weeks ago and upgraded my PC so I can get a PCI-e graphics card, and today I decided to buy an eVGA 7900GT and every where I check it's out of stock. How long has this card been out? Were there not many made or is it just a hot seller?

I'd like to wait for an eVGA model but they said it could be a few weeks before they have more available. Any other comparable brands? If not, I'll just wait it out. Picked up Oblivion and tried to run it on my 5700LE card and I felt like I was playing Ultima Underworld on a 486sx back in 1993. It looked like poop, and ran like poop. Sure was a great day when I got my 486dx2/66, but now I'm just freakin sounding old....

What a bummer to finally upgrade my hardware and get my funds together and not be able to find one. Still, it seems like it's worth the wait, no point in buying a 7800gt at this point because I'll regret it in a few weeks.

LoL I will wait :) I've read nothing but great things about the 7900gt. I guess that's probably why it's selling so well.

eVGA and XFX are the best brands for Nvidia, I wouldn't settle for anything less. eVGA and XFX both overclock their already solid video cards and usually keep the prices mainstream with the non-overclocked ones. The only thing eVGA has over XFX is their oustanding customer services, step-up program and lifetime warranties.

I'm in the same boat as you, I'm waiting for an eVGA 7900GT from Newegg. Some people keep saying Newegg is stocking some today, but I'm not sure if that's 100% legit. Maybe they've already re-stocked em and they've already sold all em already?

Yea, you can blame Nvidia for not making enough chips like they did with the 7800GTX 512 (but not nearly as bad). The only ones I would consider buying are: EVGA, Leadtek, XFX, BFG, and MSI.

ha! Like a month ago, Beedubbya was getting flamed out of the forum for saying that you'd need a pair of 7900GT's in SLI to run this game at 1280x1074. Wow, he was RIGHT ON as far as these new games go. Imagine UT2007... I'll probably quit the computer hobby thing after Vista runs its course.

Ryan

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom