Votes: 0 0.0%
  • pda

• e-learning

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
There's nothing "wrong" with them, they just are not what I would consider a "decent" sound system. Neither are the Z-5500 or Klipsch Ultra 5.1. In fact, no computer speakers are what I would consider "decent". I used to have the Ultra-5.1s, and they are right now dis connected and sitting in a corner gathering dust. I am going to sell them as soon as I get a big enough box. Compared to my headphones and amp (Audio-Technica ATH-A900LTD & PA2V2), they have horribly recessed midrange sounds, and muffled highs. Their only decent point was the bass, but even that was not GREAT. "decent" speakers are very expensive ($1-3k, or much much higher depending on how high end you are getting), and the only way to get "decent" sound for under $1k is headphones and an amp, with a good sound card that supports ASIO. When I need surround sound (like in games and movies), I just enable CMSS3D, which IMO when paired with a nice set of headphones that already have a huge soundstage to begin with, it is even better than my ultra 5.1s were. Plus, it's positional audio is not limited to how many speakers you are using.

I would get the sound card and speakers because I don't see the keyboard and mouse as a big part of the system. 5.1 rocks! even with my soundblaster live 7.1 and my Creative P580's

Definitely go with the ZS and the X-530's. It's the exact setup I have right now, and it is just plain awesome. Wait to upgrade the keyboard and mouse later...they're important, but they can wait.

Although, I do have my Audigy 4 Pro coming in the mail tomorrow, I'll let you know how it is :)

Ok, so it's pretty obvious what everyone is saying.

Looks like I'm going to get the soundcard and speaker setup.

But when I do save up some more, what keyboard and mouse combo would you recommend? I've seen some people saying a Razor Diamondback and a Saitek Eclipse.

Get a logitech combo package.... i have it.
(i forgot the name... :()

But its
wireless
new
black
sleek
comfortable
hooks up to usb or traditional mouse/keyboard slots
its not expensive... $40 at wallmart.

I dunno, I'll just see what my normal keyboard and mouse feel like with my new rig all hooked up, w/o a soundcard or speakers. Maybe it might just feel jittery because of my Celeron lagging my games down.

The mouse is acually very important in a gaming setup. I used to use a cheapo 5$ laser mouse and when I switched to a Logitech MX310 and my skill increased instantly. This was no small increase einther I went way up in skill over night. An MX310 isn't expensive though ($20) so I'm sure you can afford that in adition to your sound setup...

As for keyboard.....I use one that I got for free from someone. Nothing fancy just a keyboard.....only downside to having a cheap keyboard is that you can't press more than like 3 buttons at a time while gaming which can be a little annoying.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom