• Other

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

alexsabree

Fully Optimized
Sound Cards.....

I was thinking of getting a new sound card and use it instead of onboard sound.

Many people think that sound cards are a waste, i think if u want quality sound, there the only option

I plan to get some new speakers and a sound card
My price range is between $200-$250
Most likely around $200

Any suggestions on any sound cards or speakers (i need both)

And is X-fi really worth it......:confused:

Well, if you're on a budget, I'd say to ditch the speakers and sound card, and use onboard and a nice set of headphones. But if you have money for it, get an Xfi XtremeMusic card, and some nice 5.1 Logitech speakers. I've been told it's worth it.

But I voted for the Audigy series, since the Xfi series is a bit too expensive for me. Audigy cards are good too, just not as good as Xfi cards.

With a price range of $200 you could get a basic X-Fi card ($120) and a pair of Logitech x-530 5.1 speakers ($80 or less) and you would have a great set up.

Dante_Caligari said:
Oh lovely, another sound card thread. Search please.

He was asking what he should buy with his 200 dollars and he needs speakers as well. This isn't another "whats the best sound card?" thread, he is asking what is the best to get along with speakers with 200 dollars. He could be wondering if it would be better to stick with integrated and get a sleak speaker setup with the 200 dollars.

You're correct, but I am CERTAIN that questions like this have been asked before. How do I know? I've asked them.

Well, as long as I am sitting here with nothing to do I might as well be productive and make a suggestion. I would say to go with either the two following combinations.

1. Realtek AC'97 onboard and the Logitech Z5300e 5.1 Surround.

2. X-Fi Xtreme Music and the Logitech Z5300e 5.1 Surround.

I think that comes to a total of about 200$. I waited until there was a sale on the Z5300e's, so I got mine for exactly 100$, which is insane for that speaker system.

If the Z5300e's are too expensive for you, get the Logitech X-530. I have heard good things about them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom