windows xo wont boot

Status
Not open for further replies.

ccm0030

Baseband Member
My computer will only start if i boot from disk. I boot from disk then go to the "windows setup" screen then after i try to reformat it, which won't work, and reinstall XP. I restart the computer than windows boots up using the disk. If i shut it down the same thing happens again. The somputer has a 40gb hdd and a 14gb hdd with the xp on the 14gb hdd. The computer has 2 disk drvies. One is a DVD-ROM the other is a CD-RW. The windows xp cd will only boot up using the CD-RW drive.

any suggestions?

thanks

Sounds like there might be a driver conflict or a hardware conflict. When you do it dont do a quick format. Do a full format as sometime it wont take with only a quick.

i didn't do a quick i did the full one and it said that the hard drive might be disconnected or be corrupted or something like that i did it to both of the hard drives and the same thing happened to both

try disconnecting the other drive that isn't having the os installed. Then try installing. if that doesn't work try a different drive cable and or ide chanel. If that doesn't work you might need to use bartpe.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom