Not really sure which to choose........

Status
Not open for further replies.
this is the components you'll need: Case,Mobo, Ram, HD, CPU, Monitor,Mouse/Keyboard, Video Card, Power Supply

whats your budget? i thought someone said that its $1500, so i would suggest the following.

DFI Lanparty UT Ultra-D about $120
AMD X2 3800+ about $300
eVGA or BFG 7900GT about $300
Thermaltake Tsunami would suffice as a case about $90
Antec TruePower II 550W about $80 or something not sure of american price
Logitech MX 518 about $30
Saitek Eclipse about $30
G.Skill or OCZ 2x1GB Dual channel Value ram, if your not OCing, which i doubt you are, Value Ram is great about $100-200
and a regular Seagate Barracuda Hard Drive, suggest 7200 RPM on your budget. $50-100

So total is about $1400

awesome......i see all of these cases that have all thse lights, flashes and gizmos......what should i be looking for in a case......i will get a power supply seperate, so what should i relally look for in a case, besides how cool it looks.

are you gonna want to eventually overclock your system?

make sure you buy your parts from newegg.com

Well know that what you want now in a case will probably change in less than a year. I got my case, the Nzxt Trinity in my sig, and I do love it, but now I feel like I would have liked a more sophisticated look to my computer, like an Antec case. It's nice having the side window and lights and such, but after you show your friends or post it on the internet or something it gets a bit old, and you realize that it really sticks out.
Maybe it's just me, I'm not sure. Just remember if you get a flashy, light up beast of a case, you'll probably have it for the next four years.

I have an LG DVD burner (model GSA-4163B)
I was very impressed when I got it. very fast, and very quiet. and I know LG makes descent quality drives.
the model that's out now is the GSA-4167B I think. not a lot of difference, but whatever the differences are, they're bound to be improvements over the model I have.

anyway, one thing you especially don't want to go cheap on is the Power Supply. low quality power supplies can cause all sorts of problems, like crashing, and maybe even frying the parts.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom