Access Is Denied. HELP!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arm_pit

Beta member
I reinstalled windows due to it not being able to start all the sudden. Anyways. There is varois things in my old desktop and Aplication data folder from my old account, that is VERy important and I NEED ( Mainly my E-mail's)

Here's the thing, when i try to acess
C:\Documents and Settings\Kyle.KYLE-445F7AKRPP\Application Data
C:\Documents and Settings\Kyle.KYLE-445F7AKRPP\Desktop
C:\Documents and Settings\Kyle.KYLE-445F7AKRPP\Local Settings

Aplication data and local settings are both hidden folders, Desktop is just the regular Desktop folder, and "\Kyle.KYLE-445F7AKRPP\" Is my old account folder from before I re-installed windows.

Whenever I try to view any three of these folder I get this message
"C:\Documents and Settings\Kyle.KYLE-445F7AKRPP\******* Is not acessible

Acess Is denied"

It also happens on
C:\Documents and Settings\Kyle.KYLE-445F7AKRPP\Cookies
C:\Documents and Settings\Kyle.KYLE-445F7AKRPP\Favorites

PLEASE HELP ME I NEED SOME OF THESE FILES ASAP, Mainly all my e-mails from thunderbird which were saved in there! Thank you!

THANK YOU SO MUCH, I have posted this at a couple places, no one new the anwser within a week, i got dead replys, then today i posted at several more places, and this is the only place that has an anwser, and so fast! Excellent forum!

I hope my forum(I would post it, but I dont know if it would be against the rules, since its a computer forum) turns out to be like this one someday :p

I had XP home, so the first bit didn't work, but the program downlaod did let bew gain acess to it. THANK YOU!.

Hhm.. Well I got to the files, but I can't opn or copy the files. I'm going to ty and play around with the proragm some mroe and see if I can get it to work myself. Thanks again, I'll post abck if i need more help.

I got it all working, Thanks so much, I could just NOT figure this one out on my own, those were inportant files too :p Thanks a bunch again. :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom