Not really sure which to choose........

Status
Not open for further replies.
what do you guys thikn for processors? i see alot of people have AMD 64s, is thier a big advantage over pentiums? whats a good grafics card?

amds are better for gaming, intels are better for office work, stuff like that. i'd go with a dual core processor though because they're the big thing now, and its faster to multitask. the best nvidia graphics card right now is the 7900gtx, but that'll run you about $550. I'd go with teh 7900gt for $300, its the second best nvidia one. i'm not sure about ATIs though.

hey i suggest you build your own comp but if you just don't want to it cool. check out monarchcomputer.com. they build pc's at a resonable price and every component is customizable. so we can just tell you which part ot choose =D

naw, i think i will build it............but give me some suggestions on the cpu, memory and hard drives.....

do you think you'll be overclocking, or will you not get into that? because if you are get an opteron, if not get an X2 for the processor.

You should purchase the parts from newegg, they have many great sales. Go with a AMD 3800 x2 or 4400 X2, or an opteron if you will OC. I agree, get a 7900 gt. Lol yeah it's not hard at all to build. I'm almost in high school and I built my comp

I'd say go along the lines of:
CPU: AMD X2 3800+
Motherboard: MSI K8N Neo4-F or DFI Lanparty UT Socket 939
Video Card: 7900GT
Hard Drive(s): 250Gig Seagate 7200RPM/8MB Cache
Creative X-Fi/Audigy2 Sound Card
1 or 2GB Valueselect Corsair (Unless you're going to overclock)
Antec 550W PSU
BenQ/Sony/Lite-On DVD-RW Drive
Nice case, one you wont regret buying later on (ex. Antec PI )
Extras:
Nice 19" LCD Monitor (ex. Nice monitor )
Saitek Eclipse/Logitech G15 Keyboard
Logitech G5 Mouse

That will run you extremely close to 1500$, but I advise you not to cheap-out on parts as you will regret it down the road.

i might try and cough up the cash for dells 24" widescreen, becasue i want a tv tuner so i dont need a sepereate tv for my dorm.........any more sugestions.....you guys are being a real help

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom