Question about external hard drive.

Status
Not open for further replies.

fuz_master

Banned
Hey everyone,
I am planning on getting alot of new PC games soon and I only have a 160 GB HDD. I was wondering if I buy an external HDD and hook it up to my USB port, will it automatically install and just add on GBs to my internal HDD? Because i am going to need alot more space. Thanks

you have to format it and it'll create another disk like Local Disk (G:) or whatever letter you assign it. it won't add any GB's to your internal drive

ahhh i see. So I will prob get some cd rws get the external save my old hdd stuff onto the cd rws and put the files on the new hdd.?

as far as i know you cant install windows to an external hd+they arent ideal for games/operating systems as they are slower

dude no dont store games on a USB port its not fast enough your games will lag (maby) and load times will take forever

if you go external get a Firewire

go internal there really easy to hook uop look up on it

external is convenient tho.. you could just move all your music/movies to an external, and keep your games and stuff on your internal hard drive. i doubt you'll use up 160gb for games and your OS. but if the convenience factor is not really a plus for you, then internal is a better choice since you can install stuff on it as well

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom