Opteron compatiblity?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Brtnboarder495

Daemon Poster
I am buying a DFI Nforce Ultra-D motherboard, and although I have seen members around here using it with Opterons, I am wondering if it is that easily compatible. Since it's not directly supported, must I flash the BIOS or something (and how do I go about that?) or will the motherboard recognize it without any issues.

Also, when will these 7900GT's be back in stock? :p

i checked that mobo bios history and "opteron" wasnt there , means its supported with all bios versions so it will work without an issue

It should be supported out of the box with any board that has shipped in the last 8 months or so

gaara said:
It should be supported out of the box with any board that has shipped in the last 8 months or so
Really? I bought mine in December and at that time they still hadnt said that they have supported the opteron series.

When they arent supported, and you use an opteron, you instantly void the warranty. They will work but you dont have the warranty on the cpu or mobo.

Hmm okay interesting thanks. I'm not concerned about voiding the warranty really because so many others have done it successfully and it's merely a revamped x2 3800+. (the Opteron 165 is)

But there is no possibility in which the CPU just wouldn't be recognized or no work at all, right?

That excludes if either motherboard or CPU part is a bad part.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom