Not open for further replies.

zenyora

Daemon Poster
will the reason I'm ****ed is as fallow..i have
amd opteron 170@2.2
nvidia 7800 gt
1 gig ram
asus a8n sli mobo
i thought i have a kick *** system , but when i bechmarked my gpu this is what i got

when my friend tested his ATI X800 he got 1104,how is that even possible, my gpu i better than his ....
i also cheked with 3dmark05and this is what i got

doesnt this look low for my rig...
thanks

that is very odd............but the 3dmark thing seems pretty average....maybe u just have to 'work in' ur processor. Havoc has a slightly better Computer than u and he hit 11k with 3dmark 05.

will i have a crapy ram ..could that be the reason ?
also what do you mean by work in my cpu ?do you mean overclock it more?

What kind of ram? is it PC2700? If it is, its slowing it down. My rig gets me around 6500 stock on 3dmark05.

Dont worry about the ram, it wouldnt matter with the benchmarks. I got the a similar score with my rig and i think yours would be right considering that 3dmark05 doesnt take advantage of dual cores. Run 3dmark06 and compare it against others and youll have a much better score compared to single core users.

The reason Havock scored so much was because his cpu was overclocked and hes got a very nice gpu. Its faster and performs better than the 7800gt.

Are you happy with your comps performance? If so, benchmarks dont matter unless your trying to get the bragging rights. ;)

you can also overclock your opty 170, if you dont have good cooling and RAM, get a TT Big typhoon (if it will fit in your case), and some good overclocking RAM, preferably 2gb, and overclock. I think PZERO got his 170 to 3.0ghz but im not sure, might of been someone else.

and how long have you had your 780GT, cause if it's EVGA and you;ve had it less than 90 days(i think) you can use the step-up program and get a 7900GT or a 7900GTX.

will this is the one i have (for now)
CORSAIR ValueSelect 1GB (2 x 512MB) 184-Pin DDR SDRAM Unbuffered DDR 400 (PC 3200) Dual Channel Kit System Memory
how much does my crapy ram effect my system

MrZucchiniHead said:
you can also overclock your opty 170, if you dont have good cooling and RAM, get a TT Big typhoon (if it will fit in your case), and some good overclocking RAM, preferably 2gb, and overclock. I think PZERO got his 170 to 3.0ghz but im not sure, might of been someone else.

and how long have you had your 780GT, cause if it's EVGA and you;ve had it less than 90 days(i think) you can use the step-up program and get a 7900GT or a 7900GTX.
for cooling i have a ZALMAN CNPS9500 LED 92mm 2 Ball Blue LED Light Cooling Fan with Heatsink,and for my gpu i had it now for about 3 months or so...

What're you guys whining about? Thats exactly the 3DMark05 score that a 7800GT should get.

And if you're starting at zero, then the score difference between the 7800GT and X800 on that other benchmark seems perfectly fine. Have your friend run 3DMark05, he'll probably get around 5K with the X800.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom