No Hard Drive Detected?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ulater6000

Daemon Poster
Hey, my friend has an alienware pc that is jamed full of spyware and viruses, well anyway he recently put his XP disk that came with his pc in his disk drive to reformat his S.A.T.A. hard drive and install XP. Well anyway it says to him that no hard drive is detected.

He wants me to get him a replacement hard drive. Is a replacement hard drive actually needed, or is this some other problem?

alienware has some weird formatting things going on so i've heard.. idk how to fix it though..

theres something you need to do to make alienwares format right... i dont know what though

its a driver issue , he needs to press F6 right after windows setup loads and after about 2mins it will ask for a driver floppy, when that happens he needs to use the driver floppy (containing mobo sata controller driver) , if he didnt got an sata floppy with his pc then he needs to find it on the mobo cd and copy to a floppy or download it , if he doesnt have a floppy drive then he can just slipstream the driver with nlite http://www.nliteos.com/

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom