Windows Vista Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is Your PC 'Vista Capable'? The Answer is Maybe

Microsoft will start rolling out in April new "Vista Capable" logos for PCs, despite the fact that it still has yet to release the final hardware specs for Windows Vista. As noted over on the InsideMicrosoft blog, "The Vista Capable page at Microsoft TechNet explains that PCs that are Capable must pass the current Windows XP certification, and then meet certain CPU/RAM/GPU requirements in order to bear the logo." But a Microsoft spokesman added this caveat: "The Windows Vista Capable program does not represent minimum hardware requirements for the different versions of Windows Vista – we look forward to providing additional information regarding minimum hardware requirements for Windows Vista and the Windows Vista logo program in the coming months."

http://www.microsoft.com/technet/windowsvista/evaluate/hardware/vistarpc.mspx

Well that is some good info. Since they dont give specific specs i must say that my PC meets the Specs by far.

Makaveli213 said:
Well that is some good info. Since they dont give specific specs i must say that my PC meets the Specs by far.

same here except for the video card, that's if they don't plan on lowering the graphics requirements because right now they are kind of insane.

What is wrong with asking for a DX9 card? Most DX9 cards are at least 128MB anyways. 256MB is starting to become more of the standard. I have seen nVidia cards that are for only $130 adn are 256MB.

I think it is totally resonable to ask for this. Vista is very graphically challenging. That is why you need the higher card. Cant expect to run the Glass on a 32MB or 64MB without some troubles.

maroon1 said:
will vista come in 32bit version, or it will just come as 64-bit version ?

Yes vista will come in a 32bit version aswell as the 64bit version so that people with older systems can upgrade to it.

Anyone tried the 5342 build? Some people say it's the most stable release yet, but I don't know about that. Mine is constantly crashing.

What is VISTA anyway?

hey there guys...im just new in technology so i'm here asking if what is VISTA? is it another OS? how should i install it anyway? is it thru clean installation like XP does or i'll just install it like any other software in the XP environment? can somebody clear my query guys? thanks and God bless!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom