Socket 754

Status
Not open for further replies.
Do you guys even use SSE3 instruction sets for anything? Most people will answer no, and that is the only difference between older AMD64s and RevE cores apart from memory controller revisions and smaller fabrication size

And anyways, I'm pretty sure they ported the RevE die to socket 754 as I'm almost positive they've switched their fabs to 90nm production runs so they can slash production costs so I honestly don't think there's anything different between the two anymore except dual channel memory which is nothing and slightly higher LDT frequencies which is also nothing

So Socket 754 doesn't have suppors for dual-channel RAM? So if I do build this system I shouldn't bother buying two 256MB chips, just one 512, correct?

The motherboard that I have has PCI-E x16.

Dual booting: It's quite a headache if you ask me. I used LILO, but there are a multitude of ways that it can be done.

there is no "problem" its just natural progression and transition to a new socket. actually i suspect it was a forced transition by memory manufacturers but thats beside the point, ther are no major problems with s939 as a platform. the main reason for the transition to AM2 is to incorporate DDR2 support into the memory controller.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom