Fan constantly on.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Albo23

In Runtime
Hey, I'm wondering why my computers fan is constantly turning on. It sounds like a dishwasher. When I first got it a year ago it barely ever did it, now when I log-in, it does it.

I'm thinking it's because of dust. Any other ideas?

Go into task manager and check your CPU usage. If its maxed out at a 100% then its a program causing it, making more heat which then makes the fan go at a higher rpm to cool it off. So just find whatever running proccess or startup app and close it.

Give the ball bearings a bit of oil and clean out the dust will cause the fan its self to be quieter. (oil requires it to be out of the case.)

You need to alter a setting in the configure part of the programme. If I remember rightly, you need to set a setting to manual under about the 4th or 5th tab on 'configure'.

Have a look in the help guide!

problematic said:
You need to alter a setting in the configure part of the programme. If I remember rightly, you need to set a setting to manual under about the 4th or 5th tab on 'configure'.

Have a look in the help guide!

What program?

oh man, you wont believe this, but i've actually managed to post my reply in the wrong topic, haha...

what is even more funny is that my reply may actually help you.

the programme i'm talking about is SpeedFan, you can control the fan speed using this programme (if your mobo supports it!!)..

good luck

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom