peace2acorn

Baseband Member
My rig will be:

DFI lanparty nf4 mobo
amd fx-60
evga 7900gtx
wd raptor 150gb 10k rpm
thermaltake armor case
and the other dvd drives n stuff(dont need to go into specifics)

I cant figure out what ram is best (i want 2gigs) or what psu to use. some1 plz help me!

Are you going to be overclocking? If not go with some cheap Valueram. If you are going to OC, I have the 2*1gb G.Skill extreme Series RAM and i like it alot. It overclocks fairly well.

As for the PSU, i have the OCZ Powerstream 520W and i love it. Its an awesome power supply. You should also look into the Antec True Power Series for good psus.

I am planning on overclockng a little later. i want to get comfortable with how everything works before i try to overclock. do you know of any good guides, this is my first build
thx

Opinion- Dont get the raptor 150 gig. If you decide to get a Raptor, get a 74 gig and then get a 250 or 300 gig slave SATA. Almost the same amound of money for twice or three times the amount.

I wouldnt get a fx-60 either. Go with a 4800X2 then overclock it to past fx-60 speeds.

As for overclocking, there are guides all over this forum

is the ocz titanium listed in my sig. "high quality" ram or should i go with the g.skill because i have heard many good things about both.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom