water cooled pc for 1k

Status
Not open for further replies.
The system Ridlyn made for you looks really good. That CPU overclocks like there's no tomorrow. Also that Mobo is great. That would be a kick *** system

That CPU overclocks like there's no tomorrow.
Not necessarily. They have been out a while. Some of the later weeks, like week 50 still do good, but now they are starting to hit around 2.6-2.7GHz most of the time instead of 2.8+ which it had been doing. Which don't get me wrong, that is still a big OC and all. I think mines maxing out at around 2.656GHz because one core needs a lot of Vcore to be stable. Too much

the only things i would change on that system, would be the video card....x850xt, and maybe be the ram....crucial has a gig of ram out for the same price but is clocked at 2-2-2-5....yeah....

20mm said:
the only things i would change on that system, would be the video card....x850xt, and maybe be the ram....crucial has a gig of ram out for the same price but is clocked at 2-2-2-5....yeah....
What? Heck no man, the x850xt is A LOT worse than the 7900 gt. It doesnt even have SM3.0 and is old.

im sure he meant well, you did say you were on a budget of 1.5k so with the 300$ wc setup and the other things then i dont think the gfx card is a bad choice.

oh no...i'm not pi55in on him for that video card, i just wouldn't chose nvidia that's all

what's up with the new ati cards? i haven't been around computer news for about 6 monts...the last thing new with ati was the x850xt

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom