User Profile

Status
Not open for further replies.
Does this copy of Xp have a CD key or is it keyless? Have you tried this cd on other machines? Can you install the OS from another Disk and use the Key that is on this CD?

[Thoughts]
Is this the first time you have used this License?
Is this a New OS CD?
Is this a Corp license?

Is this the first time you have used this License? Nope
Is this a New OS CD? No, same one Ive always used and Ive used others
Is this a Corp license? Yes, volume license

I enter in the cd key every time til the image is completed then I use systprep fully automated with the key provided.

Well it now sounds like its a hardware issue with the IBM machine...

Will it boot up normally without the NIC enabled? Can you log in "Locally" w/o issue?

Im not really sure why I'm leading towards the NIC right off the bat.

Any errors in the Device Manager?

Im sure you have checked for any Error Icons in the Device Manger, I didn't mean to offend or belittle. (sorry)

bradybnmci said:
Well it now sounds like its a hardware issue with the IBM machine...

Will it boot up normally without the NIC enabled? Can you log in "Locally" w/o issue?

Im not really sure why I'm leading towards the NIC right off the bat.

Any errors in the Device Manager?

Im sure you have checked for any Error Icons in the Device Manger, I didn't mean to offend or belittle. (sorry) <- no need to, I do forget, Im not no ***** so it wont offend me at all :) but I did check it and it was fine. I havent disabled the the nic yet but I did take it off the network thinking some policy might be pushing out and screwing it up but it did the same, also dis-joined it from the domain and same thing. One thing, when I logged in as the default admin, it was fine for a while but when i added another local admin account, Captain, it screwed up both....weird...

Hey .

My user profile issue is a bit different. When I tryto log onto the domain, it brings up a box that says "User Enviroment" in the top title bar. Then the error says "Windows could not log you on because your profile could not be loaded. Check that you are connected to the network and that your network is functioning properly."

Now, I can log on as the network admin just fine. Any ideas?

sarasotamac said:
Hey .

My user profile issue is a bit different. When I tryto log onto the domain, it brings up a box that says "User Enviroment" in the top title bar. Then the error says "Windows could not log you on because your profile could not be loaded. Check that you are connected to the network and that your network is functioning properly."

Now, I can log on as the network admin just fine. Any ideas?

It sounds like you have a local profile corruption...

Check out the Application Even Logs.
Check in the "Source" Column for UserEnv errors.
once you find them read the verbage it provides... Post what the error says in FULL...

im about to post some errors from event viewer. I had to use ERD commander to get them because i cant open anything up.

I beleive it is the network card...ERD couldnt load the network driver. When I checked the even viewer I found hundreds of WMI errors which manage resources like hard drives, file systems, settings of operating system, processes, services, shares, registry settings, networking components, event logs, users, groups, etc.

So this may be the culprit.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom