NTLDR is missing

Status
Not open for further replies.

b1gapl

Mod Emeritus
I got a message saying "NTLDR is missing Press Ctrl+Alt+Del to restart", after I put together ones of my other comps. What does this mean?

Everything is the same, I changed nothing, all I did was try to clean up all the wires.

Yes the HDD had windows already on it...sorry I should of said it more clearly. I meant that I put together an old comp that had been taken apart before, so I can clean the wires.

ok, thank you. i have seen this error before in similar situations. make sure nothing is shorting, all cables especially IDE cables are plugged in correctly. if you have installed any extra expansion cards recently remove them. if that fails reset cmos. last time i had something like this happen to me i figured it was due to a PCI NIC i had just installed. i know this error shouldn't be caused by hardware problems like this but the fact is it apparently can be

Should both the master cd drive and HDD be on the primary IDE? Currently I had the master and slave HDD on the secondary, and the master cd drive and another HDD on primary IDE.

OK I disconnected everything except the master HDD...it works. So I connected everything back and everything is fine. I guess the IDEs weren't in properly...thanks man

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom