Crazy Idea

Status
Not open for further replies.

MrCoffee

Fully Optimized
I have this crazy idea for a case mod, a sealed perspex case, components sprayed with some sort of clear seal, fill the whole thing with water and put some fish in it :eek:

Would that even work?

Your fish would likely die. For one thing, the heat produced from a computer isn't entirely stable, which is one thing fish need. I could tell you more reasons why this is a bad idea, but I think that should cover it right there.

lol id say go for it, remember the vegetable oil computer? well same concept but with water???? hmm what about evaporation??? well id say get a cheap computer and go for it....id love to see sum pics!!!

to many variables and impurities. water is not ideal for immersion cooling because of its specific heat capacity. in other words it can retain a large amount of heat energy. this property while useful for removing heat in water cooling when it is subsequently removed from the water in the radiator would have a negative impact on an immersed pc. Elbatrop is right. the fish will die anyway. why on earth do that when a) you can get cases with a perspex containment, water and fake fish pre-built and b) you could do the same thing yourself except with real fish if you were so inclined

lol I can see the starving fish nibbling at the video card while the other fish is working at the SATA cable...haha

no way, what you could do tho is...

see how you can place a plexy glass piece over it and make a box above it you know then you could see down

Use larger fish so you can get a blow job from them when they die (legally, they just won't suck anymore.)

!!!

split it down the middle!!

one side... has the components with water cooling and common pc materials...
but the otherside

can be modified into a fishtank!!

ummm... need pic... hmmm...

~opening paint~

SNM05739.jpg

I say get a clear case put everything in there, make sure it is sealed really tight and put it in a fish tank. that would work.

Well I cont this old coppermine system i could use, the thought came to me in a pub over the weekend (where all the best ideas come from) .

I need to workout what i can spray on the components to make them water tight, I guess the HDD would need to be external but no biggie.

Hmmm if i use a thermostat system with tropical fish i oculd have the water heated when the computer is off and have the cpu etc heat it when its on..

i just think it would be awsome to have fish swimming around in my PC

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom