Status
Not open for further replies.

sjfilly

Solid State Member
Hey Guys,

Have a pretty weird problem.
I seem to be getting a weird static sound though
my speakers/headphones.
It seems to only occur when I move the mouse around the screen, when programs load or when the graphics card is in use, such as playing games.

I'm assuming its in relation to the Graphics card, but
I have since removed it and tried my friends card, but
I still have the same problem.

Does anyone know what could potentially be causing this?

Cheers

I'm having sort of the same problem but I put it down to my sound card. I have a SB Live 24bit card, I get distorted sound but only when I play games like you. I have removed my sound card and gone back to onboard sound and everything is alright (apart from having crappy onboard sound. lol) I'm going to plug the sound card back in later and test it out, I'll let you know how I get on. Do you have a sound card or are you just using the onboard sound? If your're using a sound card try unplugging it like I have and see what your're results are. I'll post later with my results.

I reinstalled my sound card after removing all traces of the onboard sound driver using driver cleaner. But to no avail, the sound is still distorted. In FEAR it was distorted until I turned off hardware mixing and just left on EAX2. So far it seems OK, I then tried the Tomb Raider:Legend demo (which I was having most trouble with) and everything is still the same i.e distorted but this is a demo and not optimized properly. Personally I think I have a faulty sound card but if anyone has any other ideas I would be glad to hear them.

I'm only using the Integrated Sound.
FEAR is perhaps the worst game that produces the
static noise.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom