Where'd My Ram Go?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yah i was ripped off by the company with my first ram stick got a game were it required 128 mb's i only had 120... aparently somehow they used 2 60 mb's to make it instead of 2 64's.
cause if you knotice 2 128 mb's = 256. 2 256 = 512. 2 512 =1024
it seems to add up by the company putting two lesser ram together in one to make the next high level. But lots of people like my friend and i got ripped off causs they took the 8 mb's away.

your not missing 8 MB, thats exactly how much it should register. i think when you put in the other RAM it fried the old one. this is no coincidence. thats what happens when you use el cheapo motherboards and memory :rolleyes:

oh...then why doesnt mine show up..when i got my 512 memory and added it to my 128 the 128 showd up again and it is working fine it used to say 120....but now it says altogether 640 so it better now

So, ekaesine, you're telling me that the 128mb module is supposed to be reading 120mb?

I dont mind that it fried the old one. The ram was failing anyway and was about to die on me anyway. Either way i would have went with the 128mb module i have in the end.

Hmm@raiden and how it now registers 640 for you.

Also, forgot to add, that on the pc the 128mb module came off of.. it reads not as 120mb but as 128mb.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom