Problem: Reinstalling Windows Gone Bad

Status
Not open for further replies.

teddyn

Baseband Member
Hey everyone...

Basically, I've got a PC which I built myself (K7N mobo, 9800pro, 1gb, XP 3000+, Windows XP home SP2). I've recently sold it to a friend, so in order to clean up windows of all my files I decided to reinstall it. So having dug up my originial windows install CD (service pack 2, OEM) I put in the CD and clicked install. So it did the normal thing of restarting and then going into the windows installation screen.
THEN
It started the install, went through the process of formatting the hard drive (i think) BUT when it got to installing windows again, suddenly the mouse and keyboard stopped working and it came up with this message:

The file 'VAAGP1.sys' on Via a6p filter drives is needed.

Then there's nothing I can do except manually switching off the PC with the button!!!

So basically, I'm left with a PC which my friend has already payed for, but which won't install windows!!!!! :(
Any help would be tremendously appretiated!
(BTW, when I restart the PC, the installation just goes from where I left off and crashes again. If I hold down Del I can go to the BIOS menu, and the keyboard works, and so I tried booting from CD but that doesn't do anything either, just loads up the CD.

:C

you need to install it by booting from cd. hit a key to boot from the cd. you can't delete a drive by installing windows from within windows

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom