manually re-formatting computer?

Status
Not open for further replies.

derrdic3

Beta member
ok.. well to make a long story short.. i tried to update my bios because of some problems with my computer.. but during the update my computer froze and now when i try and turn it on the screen will stay off but the computer will be beeping and making weird noises.. i cant use my re-formatting disk because i cant see anything and nothing seems to be running.. is there any way i could manually just wipe the computer and start from scratch?

It sounds like you may have fried the BIOS chip.... If this is the case, your ONLY possible options are either:

1. Try a BIOS Savior chip (not sure if it would work if the BIOS is already fried
2. Get a new motherboard

I would take the motherboard in to a local computer shop and see if they can run a diagnostic on it... Call there first of course.
Have you tried using different hardware, to make sure it isn't the video card??

as in the bios chip you mean the little lithium battery? i removed it and am leaving it out as we speak.. will that solve it? or will i need to take it in? i am kind of reluctant to take it in because i JUST got it back after a week from the shop where i got it from and its just hard to get it there.. but if thats what i got to do, i got to do it

ahh well.. im taking it in tomarrow.. if i do have to get it replaced, what kind of motherboard do you recommend? i think for sure im going to get something sli compatable to dual my 7800's.. but any specific ones that are known to be good?

It all depends on what kind of capabilites you are looking for, and what kind of processor you have... MANY different motherboards out there... we could narrow it down some by knowing what kind of processor you hare using, and how much, and what type of RAM you want to use...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom