CS: Source requirements

Status
Not open for further replies.

Matt08642

Daemon Poster
Will my current computer (Compaq SR1750NX) Be able to play "Counter Strike: Source" on medium or even high settings?

If not, i'm looking into getting an ATI X1300 and a 550W PSU. Will it play the game then?

Thanks!

Man, CSS can be played on my old TNT2 for God's sake. Yeah, you should be fine. If you really wanna go for the x1300, go for it.. just try it out with your onboard graphics first.

I'm not sure about an x1300, it'll probabaly work just fine. Source isn't that demanding. I was getting 55fps in it with a 5200fx, and I know for a fact that an x1300 is better than a 5200fx.

melonabusar2 said:
I'm not sure about an x1300, it'll probabaly work just fine. Source isn't that demanding. I was getting 55fps in it with a 5200fx, and I know for a fact that an x1300 is better than a 5200fx.

well obviously.. I mean, not only is the 5200fx two generations older and the weakest in its line of other fx cards, but it was also the worst in it's class (the radeon 9xxx series of cards owned the fx series like mad)

I don't even think that thing has an agp slot :confused: gah... compaq...

john3 said:
i dun think that mobo has a PCIexpress lot. eww.

Yes it does, it just doesn't say it on the web site (I opened up my case to find out btw).

Thanks for your help guys!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom