Trouble Putting My New PC Together

Status
Not open for further replies.
i have 70% so i have to i guess get as high % as i can.
I didnt understand what you said on end of page one john but what i did was just force all the thermal paste to the opposite end of where i opened the package and then folded it a few times and put it in small ziplock bag and put in fridgerater. Think that will be fine? And ill get the alchohal tomorrow and use the thermal paste.

I'm not sure I understand why your hsf is off center, but it sounds like you tightened each screw all the way individually? It's good to screw each one a lil and rotate until they are in. That helps you to avoid bends and other things to un level the hs.

yes that will do but just make sure the paste is cramped together, cause what you want to do is make sure that the 'particles' seperate as slowly as possible, so keep it tight and on the bottom, and pointing down.

You should be fine with 70% isopropyl alcohol. It just has more water in it, so give it more time to dry off when you wipe off the paste.

i bought some 91% and i have my silicon ready in the fridge. What should i use to clean it off and dry? Cotton swabs? Anything household is all i have.

use coffee filters, they work really good. don't use cotton swabs though cause they'll leave some stuff behind prolly. i was gonna say that 70% works fine, cause i used it on mine, but i see that you have a higher % now so that doesn't really matter. but yeah, get some coffee filters.

k, so wet a coffee filter with a lil bit of alchohal stuff then clean off the cpu and the heatsink right? then dry off wth annother coffee filter?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom