Trouble Putting My New PC Together

Status
Not open for further replies.
if its was just yesterday its fine, you can use it.
but when you store, put the cap of it back on, and put it in a fridge, and make sure that the part where the paste comes out is pointing down.

The thermal paste should be fine if it was sealed. You can use isoproponal (spelling) to clean the thermal paste off. The concentration of the isopropanol should be no lower than 80% or it will leave some oil behind which will make your chip run hot. Don't get any on your mobo either :)

it wasnt in a syring type thing? and if it wasnt in a syring type thing, and in a plastic bag, make your that when you store it in a FRIDGE, it is on one of its vertices and squeeze it all down to that verticy and store it with that verticy pointing down. keeeps it from spreading too quickly.

You want something lint and mostly dust free to wipe it off, coffee filters work great. I don't use anything other than the iso to clean off the goo :p

isnt isopropyl basically rubbing alcohol, but with a greater concentration of alcohol? cause i tink rubbing alcohol has 70% and it is minimum 80% for the thermal paste.

eh crap, i dont have anythign to remove it with. All i have is 70% rubbing alchohal. What and where can i buy the stuff for removing the stuff at like a walmart or any store.

Yep you can get it up to 99% (thats what i use). Standard rubbing alchohol from what i have seen is 70-80%. I should have included that it was rubbing alchohol in my first post about it :p

Not sure about hardware store..usually get mine from drugstore..the high% stuff is behind the counter usually :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom