It's Final Done : Pics Inside

Status
Not open for further replies.
i just hav to ask why the h3ll did u buy that sli board when u could hav got the same one but crossfire instead. that way u could hav added a 2nd card when needed but now when u want sli u hav to buy 2 new cards and get rid of the x1900xtx. thats just a waste of money if u ask me.

Mentali$T said:
i just hav to ask why the h3ll did u buy that sli board when u could hav got the same one but crossfire instead. that way u could hav added a 2nd card when needed but now when u want sli u hav to buy 2 new cards and get rid of the x1900xtx. thats just a waste of money if u ask me.

Well, originally I was going to go with NVIDIA/SLI, so I bought this board. Then I decided totally against SLI period. Instead, I want a kick @ss monster card and i'm going to buy a PPU card in may.

So since I wasn't going SLI... And the X1900XTX was $469 at newegg I said, let's save a tad bit of money for similar performance to the 7900GTX and in may drop $300 on a ASUS Ageia PPU card with 256MB.

So all in all... I'm pretty happy with my decision. I've installed all of my games on this rig and so far it's almost like buy all brand new games. Every game is maxed out. Smooth frames, super responsive... what an unbelieveable difference from what I was used to.

I must say, HELLA NICE JOB. very good on the management. Thats a crazy powerfull system, **** this makes me want to put all my new crap together, but i dont have all the parts, :amazed: so as soon as i get it all done man, it will be wicked.:cool:

wtf are you talking about mental, crossfire is BS, it slows the lanes down to 8x, this board he has is full 16x, even though he cant use 2 radeon cards together, he at least can use another full speed card, for a multi screen system, if i where u havoc keep it just like you got it.

How's the Zalman cooler working for you? I'm thinking about just using one of those instead of water colling...

ok for a start i hav the asus a8r32 mvp crossfire deluxe which is asus's latest board out and supports FULL X16 pci-e slots so u were wrong there. and to thebleakness i was just sayin it was bit stupid to buy that ati card on a sli board. should hav gon for the 7900 series.

Timaphillips said:
How's the Zalman cooler working for you? I'm thinking about just using one of those instead of water colling...

I think it's great, for aircooling. Easy to install with the A8N32, already had the backplate on it. It's slightly loud, but then again so are my 2 120mm turbines... SCREAMERS.... It's cool though...

System 33C, CPU 33C IDLE:
9120242247.png

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom