Trouble Putting My New PC Together

Status
Not open for further replies.

xXx-Tricky-xXx

In Runtime
My pc parts arrived the other day and i started by putting in the processor which was fine and installing the tsunami heatsink which was huge. It didnt have very good directions but I managed to do what it said but now its crukid.(dunno how to spell it :p).

Like one side is higher than the other side. Is this going to affect anything or not or should i take off the heatsink and clean the thermal paste off and try it again?

I just dont want to have to take out mobo again because i had some problems installing screws in the case and the mobo getting stuck because screws falling out or stripping. So I might of damaged the mobo but i hope not. When i get the OS in the mail ill get it running but how can i make sure the motherboard wasnt damaged and is alright?

To test your mobo, install evrything else and boot up. Thats how I would do it. But your heatsink, all you need to do is remove it and retry.

the trouble is the heatsink is so big it would be impossible to reinstall withtout taking out the mobo again. Also i dont think i have anythign for removing thermal paste, would it hurt to remove the paste and use an already opened bag of silicon that i applied the other night? I only used a little bit so theres alot left just its been opened.

what i meant by checking the mobo is, checking for small things that might be damaged or wrong because they might end up as something big later on.

Ahhhhh I see now thats when you will have to ask for someone elses help lol sorry dude. I don't know if I would mess with the heatsink then, BTW will it get in the way of any of your hardware if it stays that way? P.S. what graphics card did you decide on?

Ok, btw i meant Typhoon heatsink. The video card I havent gotten yet still out of stock. Just i wasnt sure if it being a bit imbalanced was going to effective it. It might be tightened on one side more than other or one side is too far on the left or something ill have to see if i can do something without taking it out. Maybe slide it over a tiny bit.

just make sure it doesnt shake, even the slightest bit, cause then it will make a lot of noise, keep it tight as you can without breaking it, and it should be fine. the slight angle on it will not affect it, just make sure ITS TIGHT! and STABLE!

well i forgot to mention that, at first i had it the other way around so I had to rotate it 180 degrees without picking it up. Should i just go ahead and take it off and remount it because i worry that rotating it 180 degrees messed up the thermal paste. The directions for isntalling it kinda sucked.

ok, can i use the same thermal paste that i opened the other night? I cant just buy a new pack of it. Its opened but i stuck it in a lil ziplock bag thing tho. Also i hope i can reapply it without taking out the mobo.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom