Question on AMD dual core CPUS!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Brtnboarder495

Daemon Poster
Is it possible to use the 32 bit versions of XP home and professional on an AMD dual core Socket 939 processor? Or must I buy the 64 bit XP?

It will work on the normal XP Pro but I would recommend you use XP x64. Don't worry whatever you choose it will work fine.

i have a 4400 and i run the 32bit version and its fine. never tried the 64bit though, wouldnt expect it to that much better.

I heard that the 64 bit version wouldn't run a lot of aplications. So I'd go with the 32 bit.

XP64 also offers no performance benefit and a lot of hassle, use regular XP for now and get Vista when it comes out.

yeah stick with 32 xp, i think the main problem with 64 xp is the drivers, dunno if they ALL support 64

john3 said:
yeah stick with 32 xp, i think the main problem with 64 xp is the drivers, dunno if they ALL support 64

This is correct. Finding 64bit drivers becomes the real hitch. And since there are very few 64bit apps, there will be no performance increase as all the other apps will run 32bit.

Stay with 32bit XP, I run XP Home with my FX-60.

Tyler1989 said:
There as been alot of people saying that today. You all here it but no one has tried it and confirmed it for themselfs.... Agh so fustrating.
http://www.techist.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=85059

Edit: And now the poster below me... Enough to drive anyone insane.
Blah, 64 bit is crap, buggy to no end. I couldnt shut it down fast enough without it bugging out on me. :confused: :rolleyes:

actually ive never used it before so i cant say anything about it. :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom