Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Splinter Cell Chaos Theory

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

calebac09

Beta member
Since the piece-o-crap company so called Dell :( bought the overpriced but very cool company called Alienware :D , If I was to buy a PC from Alienware now, would I have to format it to get all the crap off of it that Dell normally puts on a new computer?

I don't think that Alienware is changing their product. I think that Dell just owns alienware (in the business/legal sense, at least.) An Alienware is still an Alienware, but I would never buy from either company.

build your own computer, no point in paying for labor, its fun to put it together yourself anyways.

Plus its way cheaper to do it yourself. You can build the same specs on alienware for probably half the price...or even less than that.

1 Nearly all PCs bought from companies are bloated price-wise because of bundled software and other garbage

2 Pay premium price for hardware if you buy from a company because they need to make a profit.

3 Alienware is very difficult to reformate due to a special system they use or so I here I have no other details but it is something to be wary of.

4 The name Alienware goes right with their reputation of being overpriced as well. Not only are you buying an overpriced computer you are also paying for a bloated name as well.

Dell just owns the majority of the voting stock. Now Alienware is a subsidary of Dell Corp. Dell has said, "They aren't going to tamper with Alienware on a "day to day business" sense. Alienware will be running just how they were with no change.

I certainly wouldn't buy an Alienware now or before. As mentioned above, they are really over priced. I wouldn't say by half or more then half, but a good 20% to 30% over what you could build yourself with OEM components.

The thing that doesn't make sense to me is, the components they use are OEM also. And they probably get them cheaper then you and I do. Well, they have to make money somehow.

Retail packaging is really expensive and totally worthless to the end user. So you get a neat box with some packing bags and some crap software you aren't going to use anyway... They just end up in the garbage or the closet.

Give me bubble wrapping and a warranty. I'm happy.

Build your own. It's easy and costs you less.

The only reason I'd buy a Alienware would be for the matching case, monitor, keyboard and mouse. But since I don't have a spare seven grand, I'm building my own.

Yeah, when you build your own PC, you can get the parts on sale, like what I do. Many places have really good sales, like my 3800 x2 and Mobo for 280 dollars. But, I wouldnt reformat a newly bought computer

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom