Computer Crash

Status
Not open for further replies.

Myoushu Chi-Fu

Baseband Member
Yesterday while playing WoW after about 2 hours my computer screen went a weird pattern and color (has happened before so i didn't think twice about it and shut it down and restarted it). When i restarted it this time it wouldn't go past the Windows loading screen. It kept restarting itself. After a while i began troubleshooting what i could and i elliminated the possibilities that the problems are my video card (swapped it with another, no difference) R.A.M (did the same). I unplugged all my peripherals and left my keyboard mouse and monitor only. I proceeded to go into the windows repair consol and did a CHKDSK which i think kind of helped (i could see an error message this time, which came after the windows loading screen) The error message said, exactly:

A problem has been detected and windows has been shut down to prevent damage to your computer.

If this is the first time you've seen this stop error screen, restart your computer. If this screen appears again, follow these steps:

Check to be sure you have adequate disk space. If a driver is identified in the stop message disable the driver or check with the manufacturer for driver updates. Try changing video adapters.

Check with your hardware vendor for BIOS updates. Disable memory options such as caching or shadowing. If you need to use safe mode to remove or disable components, respart your computer, press F8 to select advanced startup options, and then select safe mode.

Technical Information

***Stop: 0x0000008E (0xc0000005, 0x80818816, 0xF6F8A928, 0X00000000)

The only things that could be left wrong with it are the hard drive, motherboard and CPU. I got another hard drive from another PC and installed it onto this one, formatted and installed a fresh copy of Windows XP. The same error message came up during installation. This makes it seem like its the motherboard/CPU. After a few more tries with the old hard drive i got past the windows loading screen and onto the "Welcome" screen. I received multiple error messages of .dll files not being found. I signed into my account and slowly (it was very slow compared to normal) It began to load. When the start button came up, it restarted. This time i received an error message stating that the "system" file in the windows folder was missing/corrupt.

Today i am going to purchase another HD and install windows on that (if the same error message comes up its probably not the HD).

I tried to be as detailed as i could with the description (sorry if its a bit long). I'm totally stumped as to what the problem is and would appreciate some help.

System Specs:
AMD 4200+ X2
AMD A8N SLI Deluxe
1.5 Gigabyte PNY R.A.M
Samsung 200GB HD
Nvidia GeForce 6800 XT

download memtest86+ from memtest.org

the ISO verions if for booting from CD, the "pre-compiled package for floppy" is for booting from floppy.

once it boots it runs automatically.

Even though you got the same error message from windows with 2 different sets of Ram sticks, run memtest anyway... maybe your motherboard is causing Ram errors, not the Ram itself.

EDIT: may also wont to try a different IDE or SATA cable for your Boot HDD, witchever you may use.

EDIT: if you were Overclocking.... did you already try resetting CMOS? because thtats the first thing you should do.

I got the new HD, everything worked fine. I tried to get my overclocked settings back and i got the error message again. How do i reset my CMOS?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom