AC97 Onboard Sound Problems

Status
Not open for further replies.

Metr01973

Daemon Poster
I've been having problems with a sound blaster live 24 bit sound card since I bought it a few months back. The sound is distorted when I play games, original post here - http://www.techist.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=100274
So I thought I would try and find out whether it's my card or my speakers. I have now unplugged my SB card and uninstalled all drivers and software and I have enabled the onboard sound in the bios. When I boot up the only audio device it found was a bluetooth device that I use for my mobile phone (which isn't even an audio device it's just for connecting my PC to my phone so I can swap files etc). So I have uninstalled that aswell and now it dosen't find any audio device at all. In the control panel I can select sound and audio devices but everything is greyed out. I then went into the device manager but the AC97 onboard sound dosen't even register in there so I can't even enable here. Does anyone else have any other ideas or am I missing something, someone pleaseeeeeeeeeeeeeee help, this is driving me crazy! lol

either in Device manager or Add-hardware in Controle pannel... did you already try 'Scaning for new devices/ or hardware changes' or whatever its called. and see if it detects your onboard audio?

you could also try manually installing the Onboard audio drivers.

I'm thick as s**t. I hadn't installed my onboard sound card drivers!! Once I had installed those it was fine. I'm just about to test my speakers with some games to find out whether it's my SB Live 24 bit card or my speakers that are faulty. My bet is, I've got a faulty SB live card. Many thanks for the reply.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom