rite click registry question

Status
Not open for further replies.

neversleeps

In Runtime
this is the situation i uninstalled some software which when it was installed added a menu item to the rite click menu when u click on video files. obviously it didnt cleanly uninstall because i still get that option in the rite click menu on video files even tho software is gone so i wanna kno where in the registry does it list the rite click menu options specifically for rite clicking video files so i can get rid of it?
thx

There various locations where it could be hidden...try looking in
HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\*\shellex\ContextMenuHandlers

anything listed under that key will appear on right click..also some others to check are directly related to each movie file type under the HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT

for example if you go to HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\mpegfile\shellex\contextMenuHandlers you will see items under there such as AddTo playlist in WMP etc etc...I would just check each of the movie types AVI,MPEG etc etc and edit the ContextMenuHandlers as needed for each...hope that helps a little

it was only for avi and mpeg's i found out, this is the key i deleted for avi's and the mpeg was basically the same cept mpegfile instead of avifile

xp home -os

Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00

[HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\AVIFile\shell\TVTool]
@="TVTool - Play on TV"

[HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\AVIFile\shell\TVTool\command]
@="\"C:\\Program Files\\TVTool 9.5\\TVTool.exe\" <%1>"

no problem, it definitely can come in handy, in this instance i was gettin rid of something but it would b just as easy to add something if u knew what u were doin, kinda nice bein able to add whatever u want to the rite click menu for certain file types, as far as that goes bein knowledgable about editing the registry u can make windows like infinitely customizable but just as easy completely f*ck ur windows install so b careful and back up the whole registry first before playing around

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom