Reinstalling Windows 95

Status
Not open for further replies.

cyclones

In Runtime
OK.. My aunt asked me yesterday to come up and reinstall Windows 95 so she could put some games on there. So i went up there and sat down and started deleating some programs that she didnt need and i must of came across of deleating a program and it wouldnt let me back in to teh "add and remove programs". So then she couldnt find her windows 95 disc and so we tried using the Windows XP disc she got with her other computer. Half way through the installlation, It said You need a 64MB ram and you have a 32MB ram. So then i took out that disc and she finally found the 95 CD. We stuck that in and ran all through it and it asked me to restart the computer to take changes and i did and after it go through the bio's menu or whatever it was all these errors started popping up say like "Your disk drive has failed" restart the computer with the windows 95 cd and reinstall it. And it said push a button so i pressed enter and more stuff came up.. After about 10 i pushed it, i came to the last one. I cant remember what is said. I pushed enter again and her computer shut down. Is there any way i can get it back so i can atleast get to the start of windows?? I really need help!! THANKS!!

I would first try and format the harddrive with a Windows98 start disk.
http://www.pcguide.com/ref/hdd/file/progFDISK-c.html

Probably the problem you must did was formated the harddrive as NTFS, Win95 cannot read that. You might have to format it into FAT16 depending on your version.

Version Number Version Supports FAT32?
4.00.950 Original Version of Windows 95 No
4.00.950a Original version of Win95 with Service Pack #1 installed No
4.00.1111 OEM-only release of Win95 with FAT32 support (known as OSR2 or Win95b) Yes
4.00.1212 OEM-only release of Win95 with FAT32 & USB support (known as OSR2.1 or Win95c) Yes

It probably does, but since the drive is NTFS you won't be able to read it with the 95 disc, you can download it, it's a floppy disk. You need to also set her BIOS to boot from the Floppy then CD then HD. In order to correctly install Windows back.

http://www.bootdisk.com/bootdisk.htm

You can get either Windows 95 Original or Windows 98 Custom, No Ramdrive. Both should work.

RE:

Which one do i need?

Windows 95 Original | Mirror1 | 2
Windows 95 Version B | Mirror1 | 2

So you want me to download a bootdisk on this computer and then put the floppy in her computer right?

Thanks

You need to make the boot disk on your computer, it will install on a floppy then you just use it on her computer to boot and run FDISK.

RE:

My dad got this thing that you put it the search box and it erases your whole hard drive and everything. Do you think this would also erase the drives like the CD Rom Drive or the Floppy Drive?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom