Nvidia G80 Series Question

Status
Not open for further replies.

AK4Life

Baseband Member
What do you think the minimum wattage will be for the G80 series, i need to know so i can decide what PSU to buy for my new rig. Thx

400w PSU for a single card with 26 amps on the 12v, for SLI 500w with 34amps.

Well as the cards become more powerful and faster, they are built smaller. I don't know the relation between size of the GPU and heat emission and power usage, but if cards get smaller faster than they get more powerful, then maybe cards will eventually begin to use less power than the current generation.

It will have around the same power requirements as the current cards. I would suggest around 22+ Amps for midrange cards like the 7600GT just in case the new model uses more power. (7600gt has a minimum requirement of 18 Amps)

Brtnboarder495 said:
Well as the cards become more powerful and faster, they are built smaller. I don't know the relation between size of the GPU and heat emission and power usage, but if cards get smaller faster than they get more powerful, then maybe cards will eventually begin to use less power than the current generation.

Yes this is true. As the size of the GPU gets smaller it takes less power. So assuming that they make the G80 smaller then the current GPU's the power needed would probaly be less.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom