Want a new case, help on decision.

Status
Not open for further replies.

mnelson07

In Runtime
Alright, currently I have a Thermaltake Xaser and it does alright. I know it has a lot of fans, but I think it was a bit premature in the design spectrum of cooling rather than just adding a crapload of fans.

First off, I need to decide on air or water, I'm not sure which I want to upgrade to... but obviously I want the coolest system possible.

If air, I'd like dual 120mm in the back and maybe another on the top or front or side somewhere.

If water, I guess a case with a system prepared with it. Problem is they are so expensive...

I don't know, I just want the computer cooler to gurantee better performance. It performs great, but it's so warm in there even with all these fans sucking air in and out... probably because they are 80mm.

Thanks a lot guys, I appreciate it.

tt silver kandalf is huge, looks better, has 4 fans, and prepaed for water cooling

If you have the money, liquid cooling is awesome but if you dont air cases can be pretty sweet as well with cold cathode lighting and all that good stuff. As far as cases go it really is a matter of personal preference. But I have heard good things about Thermaltake Shark Full tower, Cooler Master Praetorian 730, Thermaltake Tsunami, and Raidmax Samurai Case as far as keeping cool.

actually ive heard a lot of bad things about TT Tsunami...

cooler master centurion 5 is a good case.

I have the Xion II. 2x120mm fans in front and back and 1x80mm fan on the side. Case is sturdy and isnt loud while it maintains a good temp. You can also get them really cheap but the psu that comes with them is total crap. :confused:

I like the Antec cases, very quiet. Truepower II supplies are nice
I use a 450watt smartpower 2.0.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16811129155

AMD 3200+ Venice 2ghz
Abit Mb
2gb ram corsair XMS
ATI 9800pro video card (upgrading soon to ATI X850XT 256mb)
2 fans (120mm and 80mm) plus CPu fan
Large fan on powersupply

system runs at 20^c
CPu 25^c to 35^c
powersupply 35^ to 40^c
default high limit is 85^c

I also have the XionII case and it has really good cooling and it looks sweet too.

thebleakness said:
I have the Xion II. 2x120mm fans in front and back and 1x80mm fan on the side. Case is sturdy and isnt loud while it maintains a good temp. You can also get them really cheap but the psu that comes with them is total crap. :confused:

What he said

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom