temp?

Status
Not open for further replies.
i tryed to turn it back on and after i did that, a black screen comes up and the temp rises to over 150F and it turns off by its self. I have no idea what to do.

go look at intels return policy, you must have original intel packaging. you will not get a return with that item

well... i just got the CPU in like a plastic case online. Not with a intel retail packaging. I really hope they return it. Im going to call them up today and see what they say. But if they dont, im going to return my PSU and get a 2.6. Also, this just happened when i put my new PSU on. Why would this happen? I have no idea what to do. I hope if i replace it, nothing will happen. Do you think its my CPU or somthing else?

I guess you might have knocked the heatsink when you put the new PSU in, when you move a heatsink, it never makes good contact again until you replace the heat transfer paste.

I would try this first, if the processor gets to hot, the Intels shut down automatically. That might be your problem.

well when i try to boot up now, nothing happens. Its just a black screen. Thats it. Im gonna go and return my PSU and see if i can get a new CPU. But first im gonna try and call intel and see what they say.

yay, it wasen't my CPU. What i did, was i reset my BIOS and it worked. The reason y it was getting so hot, was becuase that little clip that holds the CPU fan on broke off but i fixed it. SO its all good now. Im so excited. Thanks for everyones help.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom