ageia physx ??

Status
Not open for further replies.
Its not as rediculous as paying almost a grand on two video cards in SLI or Crossfire for little to none performance. At least this DOES something and its OH so visual.

Ok show me where SLI does nothing. Especially on the newest games. Why would I want to buy a Physx card that works for 5 games, and only 2 that I would probaly play?

Becaue almost all other games will be releasing a patch for the PhysX card. Not to mention any Unreal Engine 3 game will take advantage of it. SLI has dont nothing but 40% increase AT BEST.

Needacpu....you do relize that you are comparing 2 completely different things right? Sure you can increase your frame rate with SLI but are your physics going to get better.........no....

Stop giving everyone reasons why they shouldnt buy them, they have no reason to listen to you and they wont listen to you. Who knows you might be right and you wont buy one then we will all look like idiots but dont tell us what to do. Just keep your opinion to yourself instead of forcing it on everyone else.

Looks pretty neat, maybe in 4 years I'll get one. Till then I ride my 6800gs into the ground (ya I'll be playing a lot of pre 2007 games it looks like).

On a side note this thread has somewhat turned into a tardgument (retarded+argument). You can't say forsure how this technology will do until it actually comes out, sure the demos look good but they definitly did that on purpose.

As for the cards integrated in motherboards, maybe it'll happen but by what I know so far it doesnt look that way. If this things handling tons of calculations it will probably get hot, so itd cool better in a PCI slot. Plus if it burned out replacing the whole motherboard would be a bummer.

Thats a big true dat right there. The thing looks like a PCI 5500 sort of and it seems like it would get real hot. What would be cool is if they had a dual core processor but one was a PPU and the other was the CPU :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom