New Compuer Help :[

Status
Not open for further replies.

jesseisasith

Solid State Member
i made a list of parts on newegg for a new computer i want, only problem is i'm not 100% on all the parts fitting/working with each other. I need some help please :[

heres what i got so far with a close price range of the item...

PROCESSOR: AMD Athlon 64 X2 4200+ 1GHz HT Socket 939 Dual Core Processor
$355

VIDEO CARD: ATI Radeon X1900XTX
$600

MOTHERBOARD: SAPPHIRE PURE Innovation PI-A9RX480 ATX AMD Motherboard
$160

RAM: Kingston ValueRAM 2GB (2 x 1GB) 184-Pin DDR SDRAM Unbuffered DDR 400 (PC 3200) System Memory
$155

MEDIA DRIVE: ASUS Black 16X DVD+R 8X DVD+RW 8X DVD+R DL 16X DVD-R 6X DVD-RW DVD-ROM 16X,
DVD-RAM 2X DVD-ROM 40X CD-R 32X CD-RW 40X CD-ROM 2M Cache IDE 16X DVD±R DVD
Burner With 2X DVD-RAM Read - OEM
$38

CASE: ASPIRE X-CRUISE -BK Black Computer Case With Side Panel Window
$70

POWER SUPPLY: RAIDMAX AURORA RX-580F ATX 580Watts Power Supply
$100-150

SOUND CARD: Creative Sound Blaster X-Fi XtremeMusic 7.1 Channels PCI Interface Sound Card
$123

HARD DRIVE: Western Digital Raptor 74GB 3.5" Serial ATA150 Hard Drive
$160

and what i'm planning on doin is just switching over my current harddrive now with xp and putting it in the new computer.

I'll tell you right off the bat that without a fresh reformat and reinstall of Windows, your old drive won't work in your new PC.

Some other things:
*Do you really need a sound card? 90% of people find that onboard works just fine.
*About that motherboard: don't. The chipset is not that great and I'm not a Sapphire fan. You could do much better with the DFI Lanparty family of boards in the same price range which use the nForce4 chipset (highly superior to the ATI chipsets), is incredibly overclockable, and is very stable.
*Raidmax DOES NOT make good PSUs. You'd be better off with Antec, PCP&C or Fortron.
*On the RAM: will you be overclocking? If so, you'd be better off with the highend OCZ RAM. If not, you'd probably be better off with Corsair Value---very good stuff.

I don't believe in my mind you need a xi-fi just get a lower type of sounblaster but don't go onboard, I have onboard and let me tell you even if you don't have a picky ear it will get on your nerves, when you are shooting in a game it is all static.

ok well basically I just need a badass gamer computer which will last me for a good while in the 1500-1700$ range. HELP ME ;[ pick me out a good setup please

GrimReaper23 said:
I don't believe in my mind you need a xi-fi just get a lower type of sounblaster but don't go onboard, I have onboard and let me tell you even if you don't have a picky ear it will get on your nerves, when you are shooting in a game it is all static.

Thats sort of a generalization. My onboard sound has SPDIF Digital outputs and is awesome. Much better than than a $50 sound blaster I had before.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom