Upgrading cpu

Status
Not open for further replies.

mikemar1

Baseband Member
I have a amd xp 2000 cpu and a ECS k7s7ag motherboard. My question is; What processor can I upgrade to without changing the motherboard and would it be worth it to do so? I am not into gaming and usually just use my computer for surfing and downloading. Thanks for any help.

You can upgrade your processor with any socket A AMD processor like an AMD XP 3200, if all you do is surf and downloading the computer should be fine, if you have the money I might consider upgrading your computer with AMD 64 processor, new motherboard, and new ram if need be. Shouldnt be more than 350.

Would there be a noticable difference if I upgraded to a 3200 or would it be a waste of money? I don't mind spending some money but if the results are negligible I'd rather not

I don't think the computer is slow but it is getting older and I thought I could get it faster without much cash. I thought upgrading the cpu would give it some extra ooomph. I just don't want to buy a new cpu and get it home and notice no improvement in speed. That would seem like flushing money down the drain. I guess you only need a fast cpu if your a gamer. Since I only surf and run programs I guess it wouldn't help me much.

Just the usual programs, like Office, Photoshop, Limewire,my dvd burning software, mp3 software. Stuff like that..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom