Monitors

Status
Not open for further replies.

titanwolf

Baseband Member
I am looking at 20 inch wide screens. The most important thing to look at is refresh rates? anything else?

You two are confusing me. Titanwolf seems to be talking about a CRT monitor since he mentioned refresh rate. With a CRT monitor refresh rate, max resolution and dot pitch are the most important factors.

nitestick mentioned looking for dead pixels which he claims to have on his CRT monitor. I suspect he means LCD monitor as I've never seen a CRT monitor with a dead pixel since it cant exist with the CRT architexture. Dead pixels are exclusive to LCD monitors.

When looking for an LCD monitor important things are response time, native resolution, dot pitch and contrast ratio.

Weird I've never seen a dead pixel on a CRT, maybe one of the holes in the shadow mask didnt get punched correctly for that pixel. That must be pretty rare though, I've never had a crt with one nor have I seen one.

Mr_Threepwood said:
You two are confusing me. Titanwolf seems to be talking about a CRT monitor since he mentioned refresh rate.

With a CRT monitor refresh rate, max resolution and dot pitch are the most important factors.

thats what I needed to know.

Sorry for confusion

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom