SATA Disk problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

joebeemish

Beta member
SATA Disk problem:
I just put together my new system. It is Antec P-180 case, Antec TP-II 550 P/S, Asus A8R32-MVP Deluxe MB, Athlon X2 4400+ CPU, Corsair 1 GB XMS 2-2-2-5 memory, ATI X1900XT Video, Maxtor SATA-150 300 GB drive, CD and floppy. I first loaded the demo version of windows XP 64. That went pretty smooth. I was able to setup the hard drive properly – formatted 289 GB in about an hour. The system booted and all was well. I then tried to load version 5 of Photoshop – will not run under Windows 64. I then tried to load a USB dongle driver – also no good. The dongle is used by a license manager for SW development tools that I need. So I abandoned Windows 64 and went back to Windows 2000. I went through the installation several times and after I created the SATA driver disk for the Asus MB, I was able to get rolling. But now the OS only sees 89 GB of the hard drive. The partition manager reformatted the 89 GB and cannot see the rest of the drive. I am now running on a 300 GB SATA 150 drive, but I can’t get to about 200 GB of it. When I boot the MAXTOR CD, it’s tools can’t fix it either. Does anybody know what I should do?
Thanks.

Try using Windows XP with SP2 in it. You also shouldn't need any drivers for SATA unless your using RAID.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom