What kind of improvement can I expect...

Status
Not open for further replies.
You will actualyl be able to play modern games now!:p

My friend has the x300 and can only play hl2 on low.

Well if you stick with the x300 then you wont be able to play any games that come out in the near future barely on low setting. By getting the 7900 you wont need an upgrade for a while.

My experience has been about three years with any video card. I have used the following since 1998.
Voodoo 3 - 1998
Voodoo 5 - 2000 (only reason I bought this is I upgaded another comp I had so I put the Voodoo 3 in it. I was getting 100fps on Quake 3 with decent settings.
9700 Pro - 2003 was playing Quake 4 and Doom 3 on good settings @ 800x600 and very playable. Serious Sam played well too, just locked up on startup most of the time
7800 GTX 512 - 2006

So based on that history I figure I don't need another card until 2009 unless they seriously ramp the graphics in the next 1 1/2 - 2 years, which hasn't been the case from what I have seen.

that sucks you spent so much money on a 7800 GTX 512 when a 7900GTX whoops it....

yeah the next card I upgrade to will only be dx10...

I only have the x700 at the moment but im going to wait for dx10 cards to come out before i upgrade. No point buying a high end card now when they wont be next year.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom