Upgrade GPU or CPU?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Timaphillips

In Runtime
In the near future I'm going to upgrade my system. Should I upgrade my CPU/mobo or my graphics card first? My system specs. are in my sig. Also, if you guys choose the CPU/mobo 1st, should I just wait until Conroe or get a 9xx D series and overclock the crap out of it to save some $$$. Either way, I'm getting sick of hitching when playing games.

**I would have to get a new Mobo with a new CPU because my current one, ASUSTek (from HP) 945P chipset, is locked**

Another option I see is getting a new mobo, overclocking the 8xx and going from there. I know, I'm even confusing myself. It's a financial thing.

Cause my mobo is locked...I'm thinking about getting something with the 975x chipset that will work with conroe, overclock it, then later on get a new GPU.

Sorry dude, Conroe is only going to work with the 965 chipset, it's not to be compatible with the 975x as planned.

So basically, if your upgrading your motherboard wait for Conroe.

And no point upgrading to any other Pentium D CPU as they mostly suck compared to their AMD equivalents, and plus you already have one so just OC it a bit. It's the most efficient thing to do. Upgrade your video card.

Brtnboarder495 said:
Sorry dude, Conroe is only going to work with the 965 chipset, it's not to be compatible with the 975x as planned.

Well that blows. But that's besides the point. It might even make it an easier decision. Hmmm....new mobo or get the HIS x1900 XTX...I need a better job. So you don't think the 820 is slowing down the gaming performace too much as to upgrade?

Even though your processor is fairly decent I'd get a new CPU but thats me I do much more encoding and raw number crunching than I do in gaming. Since the CPU helps with almost anything it's a good investment a video cards value is one of the fastest pieces of hardware to go down in value.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom