X1900XT Super Underclocked!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

adam02

In Runtime
So i never really noticed this but on Catalyst i was shown the following Clock settings.

THe stock for a x1900XT should be

Core: 625MHz
Memory Clock: 1450MHz

I tried OC'n it back to stock but it wouldnt change Via catalyst. So i tried ATI tool and this happens (check ATI tool pic)

Any ideas?

http://img238.imageshack.us/my.php?image=ucgfx7wz.jpg

I know very little about overclocking but....When I had my 9600, It had a overdrive(overclock) button in the ATI CCC, I couldn't have the overdrive button on when I used ATI tool. Try turning off Overdrive.

Also with my x850pro I can't have adaptive AA on when I use ATI tools artifact scan, The whole ATI tool screen turns yellow.

Good luck :D

Might wanna RMA that if you get that bad of artifacts on stock setting, usually when its underclocked its because it was running too hot so it down clocks to protect itself.

ok so i have the newest Drivers and nothing changes. I dont over heat. I live in ireland and my bedroom window single glazing (Converted store room) and its **** cold

Eg my CPU idles 18 on stock cooler. So i dont imagine my X1900XT overheats.

As I said, your ATiTool is set at 2D voltages, I'm certain that's your problem. I had this problem before, but I just decided to use Catalyst Control Center to OC. Search around on the net for X1900XT 3D voltages.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom